A few helpful tips
- Split your activity throughout the day and you'll still get the weight loss and health benefits.
- Vary the intensity. If you work harder, you can often shorten your workouts, so working out at different intensities can give you more flexibility in your exercise schedule.
- Try to include other activities too. Structured exercise is important, but general activity can also make a big difference.
A 25g bag of crips (97 Kcals, 2g fat) equals 14 minutes of aerobics.
- Don't sit down when you make a phone call – walk about your house while you talk.
- Even if cleaning is your least favourite activity, it can be great exercise. Vacuuming, mopping and dusting all help to burn fat.
- Get off the bus one stop early. When you feel ready you can try two stops early and so on.
- Take the bike whenever you can.
- Walk up escalators.
- If you take the lift, get out a floor early or take the stairs from ground level
- If you usually pay someone else to wash your car while you sit inside, try washing it yourself.
- Park further from the shops and walk the rest of the way there. Supermarket car parks can be huge, so get into the habit of parking as far away from the shop entrance as possible.
- Splash out - swimming is great exercise and kind to the joints.
Q: You can lose weight if you stop eating after 8pm, without changing the rest of your diet. True or False?
False. Limiting your total number of calories per day will help you lose weight, not the time of day or night that you consume them.
Wrong. The correct answer is False. Limiting your total number of calories per day will help you lose weight, not the time of day or night that you consume them.